Yaba College of Technology;
Yaba College of Technology, popularly known as YABATECH, was established in 1947, and is Nigeria’s first advanced educationalinstitution.It’s located in Yaba, Lagos. It has a student registration of over 16,000.
Yaba College of Technology was established;
Yaba College of Technology was established in 1947 as a successor of Yaba Higher College. It attained independent status in 1969 by virtue of Decree 23 which granted it the accreditation to give full- time and part- time courses of instruction and training in technology, applied wisdom, commerce and operation, agrarian product and distribution; and for exploration.
Yaba College of Technology is the first advanced institution in Nigeria to establish a Centre for Entrepreneurship Development, with affinity with the world of commerce and assiduity.The centre offers mandatory courses which must be taken by all scholars throughout their stay in the college.
There’s a Quality Assurance Unit in the college which monitors the quality of academic service delivery.
The Applied Research and Technology Innovation( ARTI) Unit was established to promote exploration and affinity with private sector associations for the exploitation and use of exploration. ARTI also assists to promote affinity between scholars of Yabatech and scholars of other institutions especially in the area of exploration.
Free medical service is handed at the Medical Centre, which is open24/7. Sports facilities are delivered at the sport complex which is located at the centre of the lot. The council has won the Nigeria Polytechnic Games Association five times out of sixteen editions of the competition.
The council has a alternate lot at Epe, this lot is home to the Department of Agricultural Technology and Michael Otedola Information and Communication Centre.
The council is presently headed by Engineer Obafemi Omokungbe, the Rector. He’s the first alumnus of the institution to be appointed Rector. He succeededDr. Margaret Kudirat Ladipo, on 6 March 2018, who completed her term 10 December 2017.
The name was changed to Federal Polytechnic Yaba in 1979, but changed back to the current bone
in 1980. The over 70 times Institution has been headed by a number of indigenous headliners and rectors